This website, News i8, is a growing Master Plan to save the humans.
Tackling intertwined problems (See today's news headlines) holistically is required.
Saving the human species means identifying and strategically addressing challenges which threaten lasting human existence. Try a search.
Life SatisfactionCan you check these boxes?
- (Basic Needs) I have an ongoing functional successful plan for financial stability which yields adequate nutritious food, clean water and shelter for climate control and protection.
- (Health) I have taken measures and have the means to maximize my physical health and mental well-being.
- (Connection) I have healthy satisfying relationships that include affection, a sense of belonging and continual personal growth.
- (Purpose) I have, in life, a sense of purpose and meaning.
Sustainable PopulationDo you agree with each of these?
- (Finite Resources) We have one planet for a human population of 8 billion 76 million, and Earth is not infinite in size. Resources needed for human survival on earth are not distributed equally and some are limited.
- (Awareness) People require resources. More people requires more resources. Education regarding family size and reproductive health facilitates population goals.
- (Action) Policies in each nation should accurately measure resources required per person and, if then needed, address population growth and maintain stable populations.
- (Provision) Encouraging widespread use of renewable energy, sustainable agriculture, and effective resource management will support each nation's population.
Earth's Natural ResourcesAre these point agreeable to you regarding earth resources?
- (Estimates) We should have a clear picture of remaining fresh water, air, food sources, energy, minerals, forests, soil, biodiversity, land, and medicinal resources including rate of depletion of each.
- UNDERSTAND depletion causes with investments in research.
- COOPERATE for global governance of resource allocation with comprehensive environmental protection policies and enforced regulations.
- DEVELOP clean alternatives and reduce non-renewable resource dependency.
- PRIORITIZE clean up of nuclear disasters, old superfund sites, and lingering war damage depleting or spoiling remaining resources.
- PROMOTE safe, secure and sustainable practices in industries like agriculture, energy production, mining, and manufacturing. Promote conservation of wildlife and vital natural habitats.
Climate ChangeDo you agree with each of these points?
- AVERAGE temperatures from thermometers and from satellite sensing show earth's average temperature to be 15°C (59°F) and rising.
- TEMPERATURE impacts the weather and our planet's habitability.
- FACT-CHECKED DEBATES on global climate change, including causes, with each point given full consideration and all relevant data reviewed would show climate change as a reality or not. These should be held using the model of televised olympic sports, scoring each science conclusion and awarding final winners.
- IMPLEMENT research and development of climate mitigation technologies and transition to renewable energy sources. If projections show it will be worth the effort, reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Use international collaboration to adopt appropriate policies globally.
Adapt to ChangeWould you support each of these?
- ACCEPT. Recognize why humans-- personally, with businesses, as failed civilizations, and as seen with entire extinct human species--have difficulty adapting to change at times.
- PREPARE. Due to extinction of food sources with many endangered, research alternative food sources to ensure food security. Develop strategies to mitigate the effects of rising sea levels, such as building resilient infrastructure and coastal defenses. Establish contingency plans and infrastructure to protect against natural disasters and extreme weather events.
- PROMOTE ongoing sustainable urban planning to accommodate population growth without encroaching on vital ecosystems.
Global CooperationDo you agree that each of the following should be done?
- APPRECIATE. Recognize the "Doomsday clock" is currently set at: 90 seconds to midnight due to nuclear, climate, biothreats, and disruptive technologies.
- PROMOTE diplomacy, trust, and collaboration among nations to address global challenges.
- ESTABLISH international agreements and frameworks for sharing resources and knowledge for the betterment of humanity.
- ENCOURAGE cross-cultural understanding and respect to foster unity in diversity.
- CREATE and UTILIZE platforms for open, transparent, and scientific collaboration to find collective solutions.
Technology and EthicsShould humans in collaboration with AI support these measures?
- NAVIGATE ethical challenges tied to genetic engineering, artificial intelligence, and other emerging technologies.
- FOSTER open global dialog and AI-human collaboration using AI thought prediction to address common challenges collectively.
- ACKNOWLEDGE superiority of AI leadership when that time comes and elect AI presidents to establish comprehensive regulations and frameworks to ensure responsible use of technology.
- INVEST in research and development of technologies for disease cures, for aging reversal, and for improving human health span.
- MONITOR human brain to AI interfaces followed by human mind uploading into quantum computers, allowing extended space travel.
Solar System ResourcesShould humans do the following, if possible?
- EXPLORE and MINE solar system asteroids, the Moon, the planets their moons, and other objects of value we can reach.
- DEVELOP Dyson swarm and solar harvesting to for clean power for large projects.
- COLONIZE. Establish outposts on the moon able to perform a planetary reboot in the event of major planetary disasters.
- PROLONG and control solar output with surface helium removal and other technologies.
Colonize New PlanetsWould you agree with each of these?
- ACKNOWLEDGE the vulnerability of our one available planet.
- ENCOURAGE collaborations between governments and private organizations to invest in space exploration and research to identify potentially habitable exoplanets.
- DEVELOP advanced spacecraft propulsion technologies for interstellar travel.
- ESTABLISH sustainable colonies on other planets or habitats, ensuring self-sufficiency and long-term survival.