The Simple Answer: We need, as a species, a perpetually self-correcting effective framework of governance that includes all necessary checks and balances for auditing and distribution of resources in a fair, sustainable and practical manner.  The winning system will be aware of and will prevent human created obstacles to long survival, in essence, it will be the self-driving car of governance to safeguard the future.
A global resource governance template is now being formulated by the Human Survival Authority  as a new hope to save the humans. It will enact intelligently planned long-term beneficial changes taking a holistic approach, upgrading what is needed to meet various interconnected challenges.
Starting from the base goal to give every individual human a long, healthy, happy and fulfilling life–which includes the goals of long term species and environmental preservation–artificial intelligence has identified interconnected and overlapping areas to simultaneously address with strategies to overcome current obstacles. As you read through these areas, try to think of the whole thing as a structure. The different articles here on newsi8.com are like rooms, objects, actors and actions joined in a multi-dimensional context tagged structure of dynamic dependencies and evolving contingencies.
1. Enhance Education and Critical Thinking
Prioritize education that fosters critical thinking,  scientific literacy, and environmental awareness. Educating the population on the importance of sustainable technologies  and equipping them with the necessary skills will lay a strong foundation for a sustainable future.
- ESTABLISH world educational goals and curricula for optimal global human education.
- ALLOCATE funding adequate to the task including research and administration.
- EDUCATE the world, creating the most informed human population in the history of mankind.
- VERIFY literacy in determined key domains–e.g. Science Literate (level 1)–with regular educational re-certification.
Education Challenges: Common rote learning approach prioritizes memorization over understanding and application, lack of resources and funding, overcrowded classrooms, limited access to updated educational materials, discouraged independent thinking and innovation, social and cultural factors such as ingrained biases and political ideologies can hinder the development of critical thinking skills.
2. Innovate and Adapt
With business as usual failing under human governance, a shift to a more intelligent global strategic architect is the current best hope for human species survival. Such a system will foster a culture of adaptability  and resilience to navigate future challenges,  such as natural disasters,  and it will continuously support research and ethical development of sustainable technologies, innovation, and practices.
- NAVIGATE ethical challenges tied to genetic engineering, artificial intelligence, and other emerging technologies.
- FOSTER open global dialog and AI-human collaboration using AI thought prediction to address common challenges collectively.
- ACKNOWLEDGE superiority of AI leadership when that time comes and elect AI presidents to establish comprehensive regulations and frameworks to ensure responsible use of technology.
- INVEST in research and development of technologies for disease cures, for aging reversal, and for improving human health span.
- MONITOR human brain to AI interfaces followed by human mind uploading into quantum computers, allowing extended space travel.
Effective Ethical Technology Challenges: Realities of limitations imposed by the physical universe, the human condition and ethical dilemmas make required simultaneous new development of sustainable advanced technologies without disastrous misuses of these advances.
Challenge Overall: Interdependent development needs require simultaneous work on long term goals along with current weakest links in the human survival plan.
3. Foster Well Being and Life Satisfaction
- BASIC NEEDS. Provide, for each person on earth, an ongoing functional successful plan for financial stability which yields adequate nutritious food, clean water and shelter for climate control and protection.
- HEALTH. Develop measures and means to maximize each person’s physical health and mental well-being.
- CONNECTION. Develop a global plan to provide every human being with healthy satisfying relationships that include affection, a sense of belonging and continual personal growth.
- PURPOSE. Implement strategies to give every human being a sense of purpose and a meaning of life.
Well being / Satisfaction Challenges: Humans are their own worst enemies. They too often do not examine data, analyze, plan, experiment, act, adjust, and budget resources in their own best interests as groups nor as individuals.
4. Foster Global Collaboration
Encourage international cooperation  to collectively address global challenges. Promote partnerships among governments,  organizations, and individuals to overcome poltical conflicts,  to share knowledge and resources, and to work towards common goals.
- APPRECIATE. Recognize why the “Doomsday clock” seconds to midnight is currently set at: 90.
- PROMOTE diplomacy, trust, and collaboration among nations to address global challenges.
- ESTABLISH international agreements and frameworks for sharing resources and knowledge for the betterment of humanity.
- ENCOURAGE cross-cultural understanding and respect to foster unity in diversity.
- CREATE and UTILIZE platforms for open, transparent, and scientific collaboration to find collective solutions.
Global Cooperation Challenges: Human history of conflicts, factual ignorance, entrenched power systems, differing ideologies and world views, communication issues, greed and xenophobia are a few obstacles to global cooperation.
5. Restore Resources Continually
Focus on sustainable practices that meet the current needs without compromising future generations’ ability to meet their own needs. Understand limits of natural resources  and encourage the use of renewable energy sources , implement efficient resource management, and adopt ecology-friendly technologies. Re-design consumerism to promote circular economy  principles, encourage reuse, recycling, and minimal waste generation and environmental impact.
- ESTIMATE remaining earth resources: water, air, food, energy, minerals, forests, soil, biodiversity, land, and medicinal resources and rate of depletion of each.
- UNDERSTAND causes for depletion with investments in research
- COOPERATE for global governance of resource allocation.
- PRIORITIZE clean up of nuclear disasters, old superfund sites, and lingering war damage depleting or spoiling remaining resources.
- PROMOTE safe, secure and sustainable practices in industries like agriculture, energy production, mining, and manufacturing. Promote conservation of wildlife and vital natural habitats.
- GUIDE by establishing comprehensive environmental protection policies and enforced regulations.
- DEVELOP clean alternatives and reduce non-renewable resource dependency.
- PRESERVE biodiversity and ecosystems. Protect and restore natural habitats, prevent deforestation,  and promote sustainable agricultural practices. 
- CONSERVE to preserve diverse ecosystems which provide crucial life-sustaining resources such as clean air, water, and pollination.
Natural Resource Challenges: Human nature along with political and socioeconomic conflicts along with over consumption and environmental degradation due to population growth hinder global resource preservation.
Adaptation Challenges: Unexpectedly rapid changes, disasters of large scope, resource depletion, competition for resources, psychological resistance to change, and lack of quality data and analysis may prevent necessary adaptation.
6. Combat Climate Extremes
Where the data supports effectiveness of acting, contribute to immediate action. This may be to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, to increase carbon sequestration,  and/or to transition to a low-carbon economy. Implementation of international agreements, investing in clean energy , and promoting climate-friendly policies are likely crucial.
- DETERMINE the truth with massive open global debates on climate change with each point given full careful consideration and with all relevant data reviewed. If the winner take all score shows a climate change reality, proceed with steps identified as most promising.
- IMPLEMENT measures to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, if projections show it will be worth the effort. Transition to renewable energy sources.
- EDUCATE and raise awareness about climate change impact on the planet’s habitability.
- FOSTER international collaboration to address climate change and adopt appropriate policies globally.
- INVEST heavily in research and development of climate mitigation technologies.
Climate Mitigation Challenges: Uncontrollable forces of nature, limited energy and lack of coordination and cooperation are obstacles to mitigating impacts of climate change.
7. Address Overpopulation and Inequality
Develop policies that promote reproductive health and education, empowering women with choices and ensuring access to family planning.  Addressing income inequality will also contribute to stable populations and enable broader access to crucial resources.
- AWARENESS. Develop policies in each nation to accurately measure resources required per person and if then needed, control population growth and maintain stable populations.
- ACTION. Promote education and awareness regarding family planning and reproductive health.
- PROVISION. Encourage widespread use of renewable energy, sustainable agriculture, and effective resource management to support each nation’s population.
Population Challenges: Realities of economics, culture, religion, biology and political differences can make overly prolific nations a drain on all others once fair resource sharing is established.
8. Expand into the solar system
Establish bases which grow to become backup colonies which eventually become self-sustaining on the moon, Mars, and elsewhere. Mine asteroids and other planets for resources to generate Dyson swarm and other energy capture technologies.
- EXPLORE and MINE solar system asteroids, the Moon, the planets their moons, and other objects of value we can reach.
- DEVELOP Dyson swarm and solar harvesting to for clean power for large projects.
- COLONIZE. Establish outposts on the moon able to perform a planetary reboot in the event of major planetary disasters.
- PROLONG and control solar output with surface helium removal and other technologies.
Solar System Resources Challenges: Navigating and managing the potential risks of emerging technologies and extreme influx of rich resources from tapping solar system will require a new maturity of human cooperation.
Planet Colonization Challenges: Ensuring continued availability of resources and energy for future generations on other planets will require coordination and cooperation between worlds. Additionally, identifying and overcoming physical and psychological limitations in long-term space travel and colonization will be required.
9. Become Interstellar
In the long term, other planets besides the Earth will sooner or later be required  for continued human existence, because, among other issues, the sun has a finite lifespan. Human technologies should begin to seek improved space travel and methods for sustained independent colonization of other planets in this solar system and others. Energy demands on the scale of entire suns via Dyson swarms  or spheres can be met in this phase.
- ENCOURAGE collaborations between governments and private organizations to invest in space exploration and research to identify potentially habitable exoplanets.
- DEVELOP advanced spacecraft propulsion technologies for interstellar travel.
- ESTABLISH sustainable colonies on other planets or habitats, ensuring self-sufficiency and long-term survival.
The Unexpected Challenges: Adapting to dramatic unexpected events such as unambiguous legitimate alien contact is a class of challenges which can not be ruled out.
10. Convert Matter
New forms of matter-energy conversion, which seem exotic at this time, catalyst technologies to turn iron star cores back into hydrogen gas to create new stars, may be required for continued existence for trillions of years, assuming our universe will still exist. Another option in this long cooling phase may be harvesting ergospheres  of galactic black holes or traveling to interconnected universes with different laws of physics.
By implementing the right strategies,  leaders of the world can contribute to the long-term survival and well-being of the human species in a sustainable and harmonious coexistence with this planet and others.